Acting Without Boundaries (AWB) is a unique year-round theater program providing an open forum for the creative and artistic expression of teenagers and young adults with physical disabilities. The goal of this program is to provide disabled young people the opportunity to pursue their love of acting and performing while building their belief in themselves and their abilities. AWB Actors deal with many different physical disabilities. Some of those disabilities are:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spinal Bifida
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Brain Cancer
- Hearing Impairment
Acting Without Boundaries Mission:
Transforming lives and building self-esteem in an empowering community of people with physical disabilities through theater that celebrates ability.
- Challenging perceptions about people with disabilities and their capabilities.
- Producing professional quality theater in nontraditional ways.
- Teaching performing arts skills through year-round programs and workshops that build confidence on-stage and beyond.
- Creating a community of support for people with physical disabilities and their families.
- Giving back to the community through performances and presentations.